Spiced cider with pumpkin is a fall in a cup. This delicious autumn lover’s treat is a cozy drink you’ll love sipping all season long.
Who says it has to be apple versus pumpkin?
It can be apple and pumpkin!
Best of both worlds with this spiced cider recipe.
It’s super cozy, really yummy, and smells amazing as it’s heating up.
Plus, it’s easy as pie to make but still feels so special, making it perfect for Thanksgiving.
To make this you’ll need:
- Apple cider– The base of this saves time and starts with store bought cider. Use your favorite brand.
- Water– Don’t skip the water. The pumpkin makes it thicker and the water helps thin it out.
- Pumpkin puree– Make sure you aren’t using pumpkin pie filling.
- Sugar– Brown sugar will give the best flavor but in a pinch white will work.
- Sliced fruit– An apple and an orange.
- Spices– Cinnamon sticks, pumpkin pie spice, and cloves
How to Make
This is as easy as turning on your slow cooker!
To make it, add the apple cider, water, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and brown sugar to your slow cooler.
Give the mix a stir to combine.
Then stir in the cinnamon sticks, cloves, and fruit.
Turn your slow cooker on low and cook it for 4 hours.
After 4 hours, let it cool for 20 minutes.
Strain through a cheesecloth before serving.
You can store leftovers in the fridge for 3 days in a sealed container.
Reheat prior to enjoying again.
Tips and Tricks
- You can use more or less sugar to suit your tastes. I highly recommend tasting the mixture prior to adding the sugar.
- Don’t skip the water or it’ll be too thick.
- If you don’t want to strain it through cheesecloth, you could put a small, handled colander over the mugs as you are serving it to catch the spices.
Other Fall Drinks You’ll Love
This spiced cider with pumpkin is one of our favorite fall drink recipes. Make it the next time you want a cup of cozy to enjoy!
Looking for other fall drink recipes? Try these:
If you’ve tried this SPICED CIDER WITH PUMPKIN, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers!
Spiced Cider with Pumpkin
- 6 cups Apple Cider
- ½ cup Fresh Water
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Tbsp Pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Cinnamon sticks
- 8 Whole cloves
- 1 Apple- sliced
- 1 Orange- peeled and sliced
- Pour apple cider and water into your pot.
- Add in the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and brown sugar.
- Stir until well combined.
- Add in cinnamon sticks, cloves and fruit, stir once more.
- Set your slow cooker to the low heat setting and allow to cook for 4 hours.
- Leave to cool for 20 minutes.
- Strain through cheesecloth for best results.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Cider can be frozen for 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator.