3 ingredient souper rice is a simple, savory side dish we love. This easy rice recipe is perfect for serving alongside your favorite mains or using as the base of an easy meal.
It doesn’t get much quicker and easier than a hearty side dish with only 3 easy to find ingredients and a prep that is basically mix it all in a pot and stir.
This is the kind of side dish I adore since it’s so easy to make and tastes so good!
Plus it goes with tons of main dishes and it’s super easy to turn this into a meal on its own with a couple extra add ins.
What is souper rice?
Souper rice is a simple side dish that involves mixing cream of something soup in with rice and broth.
The result is an easy, flavor packed, comforting side dish.
To make this you’ll need:
- Rice– A long grain rice like basmati or jasmine
- Cream of soup– We used cream of broccoli but you could use any cream of soup you like.
- Broth– Chicken broth. Do not use bone broth.
How to Make
To mke this easy souper rice, just whisk the cream of soup and the chicken broth together in a medium pot until it’s evenly combined.
Once it’s combined, stir in the rice.
Bring the mixture up to a boil.
As soon as it boils, turn the heat down so it is just simmering.
Let everything simmer for 10 to 12 minutes.
After 10 to 12 minutes, remove the pot from the heat and stir it again.
Let it sit for 5 minutes before serving and enjoying!
Turn it into a meal!
Want to turn this creamy broccoli rice into a meal?
Add some brocolli florets, chopped chicken and cheddar cheese and call dinner done!
Serve it as a side!
Or serve this souper rice as a side for things like:
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Tips and Tricks
- DO NOT use bone broth in this recipe, the flavor is too strong. For this reason, I don’t recommend using stock either but sticking to chicken broth.
- You can switch up the cream of soup with one of these other options: cream of mushroom, cream of chicken, cream of cheddar, cream of celery, cream of onion, and cream of bacon.
- For a vegetarian friendly version, replace the chicken broth with vegetable broth.
Other Easy Rice Recipes
Broccoli and cheese souper rice is a family favorite side dish.
Make it and enjoy!
Looking for other easy rice recipes?
If you’ve tried this SOUPER RICE, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
3 Ingredient Souper Rice Recipe
- 1 cup long grain rice jasmine or basmati, recommended
- 1 10.75 oz can cream of soup we used cream of broccoli
- 1 14.5 oz can chicken broth
- Add both the cream of soup and the broth to a medium sized pot, whisking together until evenly combined. Stir in the rice.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to just a simmer.
- Cover and, stirring occasionally, let the rice simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the pot from heat. Stir, recover the pot, and let the rice sit for another 5 minutes.
- Fluff the cooked rice with a fork & serve.