This easy dump and bake pizza casserole is a delicious 30 minute meal that’s perfect for busy nights. Pasta’s infused with big pizza flavor and baked under a cheesy crust making for simple comfort food that even the pickiest eater’s will enjoy.
Some days I feel like a chicken running around with it’s head cut off, shuttling kids to and from a slew of activities every evening.
Busy nights don’t leave me much time to cook, but everybody’s still got to eat.
I also hate hitting the drive through more than every once in a while.
Nights like that are when I love a 30 minute meal like this dump and bake pizza casserole.
All the flavors you love in a classic pizza, but requiring a fraction of the work.
It’s a simple dinner we can all agree on, even on the busiest nights!
This easy pizza casserole has a short, but flavorful list of ingredients.
- Pasta – One whole pound of uncooked short pasta. I use elbow noodles, but rotini or farfalle would also work well.
- Sauce – I recommend using a marinara style sauce instead of a chunky version. You want the pasta to have as much juice as possible to absorb.
- Pepperoni – Use whatever kind of pepperoni you normally enjoy- whether it’s a classic Italian, turkey based, or the cheap American variety.
- Spices – This casserole uses a blend of dried oregano, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Cheese – Shredded mozzarella cheese- you can use the pre shredded kind or shred it fresh from the block. For convenience sake- I use the pre-shredded bagged variety.
How To Make
Making this dump & bake pizza casserole is super easy.
Start by preparing your baking dish. Lightly spray a 9×13″ baking dish with non stick spray.
While not absolutely essential, it will definitely make clean up easier later on.
Pour the uncooked pasta into the prepared casserole dish.
Next, pour the marinara sauce out evenly overtop of the uncooked pasta.
Add 1/4 cup of water to the jar, secure the lid, shake it up, then pour it into the casserole dish.
Sprinkle 3/4 of a cup of chopped pepperoni out over the casserole, then pour in three cups of water.
Add the seasonings to the dish, then give everything a gentle stir.
It’s ok if it’s more muddled than 100% mixed together evenly.
Spread the pasta back out into an even layer, pushing it all under the liquid so it’s submerged.
Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil, then bake it at 425F for 25 minutes.
Carefully remove the hot dish from the oven, then peel back the foil- make sure to avoid the escaping hot steam!
Now you want to give everything a good stir, evenly mixing it together.
Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese evenly out over top of the casserole.
Add some sliced of pepperoni to the top of the cheese.
Return the casserole dish to the oven, this time uncovered, and bake for another 10-12 minutes.
Let it rest for 2-3 minutes before serving to give the cheese time to set up some.
That’s it- dinner’s ready to be served!
Pair this easy pizza casserole with a simple side salad and you’re done.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container and refrigerated for up to 5 days.
Other Easy Casserole Recipes
Dinner doesn’t get any easier than this dump and bake pizza casserole.
It’s a 30 minute meal that has big pizza flavor, and requires minimal effort- making it perfect for busy nights!
Looking for other easy casserole recipes?
- Easy Chicken In Wine Sauce Casserole
- Chili Cheese Dog Tater Tot Casserole
- Leftover Pot Roast Casserole
- KFC Famous Bowl Casserole
If you’ve tried this DUMP & BAKE PEPPERONI PIZZA CASSEROLE, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Dump & Bake Pepperoni Pizza Casserole
- 1 lb elbow noodles uncooked
- 1 28 ounce jar marinara sauce + 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup chopped pepperoni
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic power
- 1 heaping cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- sliced pepperoni for topping
- fresh parsley leaves for garnish (optional)
- Lightly spray a 9x13" casserole dish with non stick spray. Pour the uncooked pasta into the dish.
- Pour the marinara sauce evenly out over the pasta in the dish. Add the water to the jar, close lid, shake, and pour into the dish.
- Sprinkle the chopped pepperoni in, then add 3 cups of water. Add the seasonings.
- Stir, then gently spread the pasta back out evenly making sure it's all submerged as much as possible.
- Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil, and bake at 425° for 25 minutes.
- Remove the foil, and carefully stir the pasta. Sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly out overtop, then top with slices of pepperoni.
- Return the dish to the oven and bake another 12 minutes- uncovered.
- Let rest 2-3 minutes before serving.