KFC Famous Bowl casserole is an at home take on the classic fast food bowl. This easy recipe features crispy popcorn chicken, creamy mashed potatoes, corn, cheese, and gravy for a hearty meal you can put together in minutes.
We are huge fans of KFC in this house.
None of us can get enough of it.
One of our favorites is KFC’s Famous Bowl.
This casserole has all the flavors of the KFC dish without needing to hit the drive through.
What is a KFC Famous Bowl?
The Famous Bowl is a KFC staple!
It is loaded with a base of creamy mashed potatoes and dotted with sweet corn and bite-sized chunks of crispy popcorn chicken.
Homestyle gravy and cheese blend tops the whole thing.
To make this you’ll need:
- Mashed potatoes– Either store bought or homemade.
- Corn– Frozen corn, thawed and drained or canned corn, drained.
- Popcorn chicken– Baked according to the package directions.
- Cheddar cheese– The bagged, shredded kind is perfect for this.
- Brown gravy– Your favorite store bought kind.
How to Make
To makes this, spread the potatoes out in the bottom of 2 quart casserole dish you’ve sprayed with cooking spray.
Then, spread the corn out in an even layer overtop the mashed potatoes.
After you’ve spread out the corn, evenly place the cooked chicken out overtop of the corn.
Finally, sprinkle the cheese evenly out over top.
Bake the casserole (uncovered) at 400° for 15-20 minutes.
Pour warm gravy over the casserole, then serve and enjoy!
Store leftovers in airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat it in the microwave or in a warm oven until heated through.
Tips and Tricks
- When preparing the popcorn chicken, cook it roughly two minutes less than the package indicates. This will allow it to finish cooking when the casserole bakes without it becoming dried out or overcooked.
- Don’t have popcorn chicken? You can use chicken nuggets, tenders, or even bits of fried chicken. Just chop them up into chunks before using.
- If you don’t like corn or can’t eat it, you could omit it or substitute green beans (even though this makes it less of a Famous Bowl).
Other KFC Copycat Recipes
KFC Famous Bowl casserole is an easy way to feed a crowd and enjoy the fast food classic combination at home. Make it for a hearty, stick to your ribs dinner that KFC fans will adore.
Looking for other KFC copycat recipes? Try these:
If you’ve tried this KFC FAMOUS BOWL CASSEROLE, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
KFC Famous Bowl Casserole
- 4 cups mashed potatoes homemade or store bought
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels thawed & drained
- 10 oz popcorn chicken cooked according to package instructions
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup brown gravy
- Lightly spray at 2 quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Add the potatoes to the prepared dish, and using a spatula spread them out into an even layer.
- Spread the corn out in an even layer overtop the mashed potatoes.
- Spread the cooked chicken evenly out overtop of the corn.
- Finally, sprinkle the cheese evenly out over top.
- Bake the casserole (uncovered) at 400° for 15-20 minutes.
- Pour warm gravy over the casserole, then serve and enjoy!