Slow cooker peanut butter hot chocolate is a Reese’s lover’s dream come true. This hot cocoa recipe gets dressed up with the classic combination for a decadent warm drink.
Is there a better combination than chocolate and peanut butter?
Go on. Try to think of one.
Well, if you are like me and that combination is your very favorite then you will adore this slow cooker peanut butter hot chocolate.
With a creamy hot cocoa base and a healthy dose of peanut butter, you’ll be wanting to make this all winter long.
To make this you’ll need:
- Milks– A can of sweetened condensed milk, a can of evaporated milk, and whole mix make the cocoa extra creamy.
- Vanilla– Use real vanilla extract for the best flavor.
- Peanut butter– Go for creamy peanut butter since chunky would give this a weird texture. Also make sure you aren’t using natural peanut butter or the cocoa may end up kind of oily and gritty.
- Chocolate chips– Use a good quality chocolate chip like Ghiradelli.
How to Make
This peanut butter lover’s version of cocoa is just as easy to make as regular cocoa.
To do it, whisk the condensed milk, evaporated milk, whole milk, vanilla and peanut butter together in your slow cooker.
Then, stir in the chocolate chips.
Set your slow cooker on low and cook for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
When the chocolate is melted, serve and enjoy!
Can I leave this warming for a while?
Yes! If you want to make this for a party and want it to be available for awhile, just turn the heat down to warm once the chocolate is melted.
I don’t recommend storing leftovers of this. If you don’t need as much, cut the recipe in half.
Tips and tricks
- Because the chocolate flavor is so important, use a really good quality chocolate chip. I like Ghiradelli but use your favorite brand.
- You could substitute milk chocolate for the semi sweet.
- For an extra shot of peanut butter flavor, melt some peanut butter in the microwave and drizzle it on the inside of the mugs prior to serving the cocoa.
- Top your cocoa with marshmallows, whipped cream, and even crushed peanut butter cups.
Other Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate Recipes
Slow cooker peanut butter hot chocolate is one of my favorite hot cocoa variations. Make it the next time you want a cozy beverage to keep you warm.
Looking for other slow cooker hot chocolate recipes? Try these:
- Slow Cooker Red Wine Hot Chocolate
- Peppermint Crockpot Hot Chocolate
- Salted Caramel Crockpot Hot Chocolate
If you’ve tried these SLOW COOKER PEANUT BUTTER HOT CHOCOLATE, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Slow Cooker Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 6 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups of good quality semi sweet chocolate chips
- In your slow cooker add the sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, whole milk, vanilla and peanut butter.
- Whisk until all combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Set slow cooker on low and let cook for 2 hours stirring occasionally.
- Once chocolate is all melted turn to warm and serve!
- Don’t forget to top with plenty of marshmallows.
- This will come out best if you use high quality chocolate chips like Ghiradelli.
- You can substitute milk chocolate chips for the semi sweet.
- I like to melt a little peanut butter in the microwave for 30 seconds and drizzle around the inside of mug before serving!