This sheet pan gnocchi bake with meatballs is the definition of a quick, dump and go dinner. Just throw everything on a a cooking sheet, bake, and dinner is ready in about 20 minutes!
I love quick and easy dinners on busy days.
The busier the day, the easier the dinner.
But just because I keep it simple doesn’t mean I sacrifice flavor.
This sheet pan gnocchi bake with meatballs proves that.
It has tons of flavor from sweet cherry tomatoes, garlic, and fruity olive oil.
Plus it’s so satisfying with its Italian style blend of meat and potatoes.
It keeps my boys happy, full, and fed with ease!
What is gnocchi?
I mentioned above that this Italian meat and potatoes.
The potatoes come from the gnocchi, which are little potato dumplings that are pillowy on the inside and get delightfully crisp on the outside when you roast them in the oven.
To make this you’ll need:
- Gnocchi– Use the kind of gnocchi you find in the dry pasta section and make sure it’s potato gnocchi and not cauliflower, etc. The frozen gnocchi doesn’t roast as well as dried.
- Cherry tomatoes
- Garlic– 1 whole bulb of garlic peeled
- Extra virgin olive oil– Don’t substitute a different oil here. You want the fruity richness from the olive oil.
- Seasonings– Any seasoning you like. I like Italian seasoning blend and freshly ground black pepper.
- Meatballs– Fresh or frozen.
- Mozzarella pearls– Drained
How to Make
This sheet pan gnocchi bake is so easy!
To do it, just spread the gnocchi out on a large rimmed baking sheet you’ve lined with aluminum foil.
Break up any gnocchi pieces that are stuck together.
Then spread out the tomatoes and garlic in the pan with the gnocchi.
Pour the oil over everything and gently toss the gnocchi, tomatoes, and garlic to toss with the oil.
Spread everything back out and add the meatballs.
Season everything to taste.
Bake at 450 for 15 minutes.
After 15 minutes, pull the sheet pan out of the oven and top with mozzarella pearls.
Return the pan to the oven and bake it for another 5 minutes or just until the mozzarella begins to melt.
Serve and enjoy!
Store leftover gnocchi in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Reheat in the microwave until warmed through, adding more oil if the gnocchi seems too dry.
Tips and Tricks
- You can use fresh or frozen meatballs in this recipe. The frozen variety will yield less fat in the pan.
- It doesn’t matter what type of meat the meatballs are made from. Beef, pork, and chicken meatballs will all work in this.
- Feeling fancy? Serve it with fresh basil and a bit of parmesan cheese.
Other Sheet Pan Dinners
This sheet pan gnocchi bake with meatballs is a flavor packed favorite on days when I don’t have time for chopping and fussing.
Make it and enjoy!
Looking for other sheet pan dinners?
If you’ve tried this SHEET PAN GNOCCHI BAKE WITH MEATBALLS, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Sheet Pan Gnocchi Bake With Meatballs
- 2 lbs potato gnocchi
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes
- 1 bulb garlic peeled
- 1 8 oz tub mozzarella pearls drained
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- seasonings of choice
- 2 cups meatballs can use fresh or frozen
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Add the gnocchi, breaking it apart as needed, and spread it out into a single even layer.
- Add the tomatoes and garlic to the pan, spreading out evenly among the gnocchi.
- Pour the oil over everything, gently tossing to coat, and then spreading back out.
- Add the meatballs to the pan, and season- to taste.
- Bake at 450° for 15 minutes.
- Top with the mozzarella pearls, and bake another 5 minutes- just until the cheese is melted.
- Serve & enjoy!
Leave a Reply