Creamy jalapeno dip is an easy appetizer you can throw together in minutes. Full of zesty peppers, fresh cilantro, and tangy lime juice, this dip will be a hit every time you serve it!
We are the type of people where friends and family just pop by our house.
Sometimes they call first, but sometimes they just stop over to say hello.
And being the Southern girl that I am, I can’t not put out a little something.
This dip is the perfect thing to put out for unexpected company or to make for a party, tailgating, or watching the game.
It’s so easy and delicious and comes together in just a few minutes.
To make this creamy jalapeno dip you’ll need:
- Cream cheese– Full fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature.
- Mexican crema– Can’t find this? Substitute sour cream and add the juice of an extra half of lime to substitute.
- Sour cream– Full fat is best.
- Jalapenos– An undrained can of pickled jalapenos
- Seasoning– Fresh cilantro, chicken bouillon, and garlic powder
- Lime– Juiced
How to Make
This dip couldn’t be easier to make!
To do it, just add all of the ingredients to the bowl of the food processor fitted with the blade attachment.
Then pulse it all together until the dip is smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides every so often to make sure everything gets evenly incorporated.
Once the dip is smooth, transfer it to a serving dish and enjoy with your favorite dippers!
We like to serve this dip with:
- tortilla chips
- potato chips
- carrots and celery sticks
- cucumber slices
- sliced baguettes
- pretzels or pretzel chips
Is creamy jalapeno dip spicy?
It’s mild to medium spicy.
The jalapenos definitely add some heat, but pickled jalapenos are noticeably less spicy than fresh jalapenos.
Store leftover jalapeno dip in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Can I Add Avocado To This Viral TikTok Dip?
This creamy jalapeno dip using canned jalapenos has been making the rounds all over TikTok recently- and for good reason!
It tastes like it came from your favorite restaurant, but can be whipped up in your blender in under 5 minutes.
The latest version of this viral dip made popular by Cardi B adds two ripe avocados to the dip, and blends them in with all the other ingredients.
It’s a delicious addition that gives it a slightly green hue and incorporates extra creaminess from the addition of the fruit.
If using, make sure the avocados are ripe before using then peel them and remove the pit before adding them to your blender.
Tips and Tricks
- If you want to add some extra heat, add a portion (or a whole!) fresh jalapeno.
- Make sure you scrape down the sides of the food processor a few times so everything gets evenly mixed together.
- For a bit of extra flavor, add a tablespoon of Ranch seasoning.
Other Easy Dip Recipes
Creamy jalapeno dip is a favorite around here that I love to whip together any time! Make it and enjoy!
Looking for other easy dip recipes? Try these:
- Creamy Tomato Bacon Dip
- Smoked Creamy Corn Dip
- Blueberry Cheesecake Dip
- Smoked Crab Dip
- 7 Layer Greek Dip
- Cherry Tomato Salsa
If you’ve tried this CREAMY JALAPENO DIP, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Creamy Jalapeno Dip
- 2-3 8 oz blocks cream cheese softened
- 1 cup Mexican crema
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 26 oz can pickled jalapenos DO NOT DRAIN
- 1 large bunch cilantro washed & stems removed
- 1 tbsp chicken bouillon
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lime juiced
- Add all of the ingredients to the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment.
- Blend until everything's smooth & creamy, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Transfer the creamy jalapeno dip to a serving bowl/dish.
- Serve with your favorite chips and enjoy!
Leave a Reply