Mini peppermint cheesecakes feature holiday flavored cheesecake nestled atop a chocolatey Oreo crust. These festive peppermint chocolate desserts don’t need any baking, making it your ticket to effortless holiday indulgence!
One of our favorite holiday flavors is definitely peppermint.
Give me all the candy canes and definitely all the peppermint mochas.
And this no bake peppermint cheesecake recipe features the cool blast of minty flavor layered on a chocolate Oreo crust.
It’s the sweetest way to make this season merry and bright!
Let’s break down the ingredients for these mini peppermint cheesecakes into three different sets- one for the crust, a second for the filling, and then a set for the topping.
For the crust you’ll need:
- Oreos– Double Stuffed
- Butter– Unsalted butter melted
To make the cheesecake filling you’ll need:
- Cream cheese– Full fat cream cheese softened to room temperature
- Sugar– Granulated
- Peppermint flavoring– Make sure you are using peppermint and not spearmint or another variety of mint extract
- Whipping cream– Heavy cream. Do not substitute
For the topping you’ll need:
- Chocolate chips– Either semi sweet or dark chocolate chips. Use what you like!
- Heavy cream– Divided
- Sugar– Powdered
- Peppermint Extract
- Crushed candy canes or peppermints– For sprinkling on top
How to Make
Let’s break this down into several parts- making the crust, making the cheesecake filling, making the topping, and assembling the cheesecakes.
To Make the crust
Line your cupcake pans with liners and set the lined pans aside.
Then, crush the Oreos into a fine crumb in your food processor.
Transfer the crumbs to a medium sized bowl.
Then pour the melted butter over the Oreo crumbs and combine until the mixture looks like wet sand.
Put a loose tablespoon’s worth of crumb mixture into each lined cupcake cavity, pressing it into the bottom of the cavity with a small measuring cup.
Repeat with the remaining crumb mixture.
Set the crust filled pans aside.
Making the cheesecake filling
Cream the sugar and softened cream cheese together the mixture is smooth.
Then thoroughly mix in the heavy whipping cream and the peppermint flavoring, scraping the sides often until the filling is smooth and creamy.
Divide the filling among the crust filled liners and smooth the tops in line with the top of the pan.
Chill for at least 2-4 hours to give the cheesecakes have set.
To make the toppings
To make the peppermint chocolate ganache, put the chocolate chips, 2 tablespoons of heavy cream, and the peppermint extract into a microwave safe bowl.
Heat the bowl in the microwave in 30 second increments.
Stir in between each increment.
Repeat just until mixture is smooth.
Set aside to let it cool slightly while you make the whipped cream.
To make the whipped cream, beat on medium high speed the remaining heavy cream and the powdered sugar together in the bowl of a stand mixer until stiff peaks form.
Transfer the whipped cream to a piping bag fitted with a large star tip and set aside.
Let the cheesecakes cool and set fully before decorating.
When the cheesecakes are cool, scoop a tablespoon or so of the ganache to spread evenly over each cheesecake.
Pipe a dollop of whipped cream on top of each and finish by sprinkling them with crushed peppermints.
Store leftover cheesecakes in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Tips and Tricks
- Don’t have a food processor to make the crust? Put the Oreos in a ziplocking bag and seal it. Use a rolling pin to crush the Oreos to the proper consistency.
- Don’t overcook the chocolate ganache. The chips will probably not be fully melted when you pull it out of the microwave for the final time but will smooth out as you stir them.
- Didn’t scoop on enough chocolate? You can always spoon on more!
Other No Bake Cheesecake Recipes
Mini peppermint cheesecakes are a showstopping no bake recipe to whip up this holiday season!
Make them and enjoy!
Looking for other no bake cheesecake recipes?
If you’ve tried these MINI PEPPERMINT CHEESECAKES, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Mini Peppermint Cheesecakes (No Bake Recipe)
For the crust:
- 20 Double Stuffed Oreos
- ½ c unsalted butter melted
For the filling:
- 16 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ c sugar
- 2 t peppermint flavoring
- 1 c heavy whipping cream
For the topping:
- ½ c semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- ½ c heavy cream divided
- 2 T. powdered sugar
- 1 t peppermint flavoring
- Crushed candy canes or peppermint candy pieces
- Line your cupcake pan(s) and set aside.
To Make The Crust
- Using a food processor or a ziploc bag with a rolling pin, crush the Oreos into a fine crumb. Transfer the crumbs to a medium sized bowl.20 Double Stuffed Oreos
- Melt the butter and pour over the Oreo crumbs. Combine until the mixture looks like wet sand. Measure a loose tablespoon’s worth of crumb mixture to each lined cupcake cavity. Using the bottom of a ¼ cup measuring cup, press the crumb mixture into the bottom of the pan and gently twist to release from the crumbs without pulling it back up. Repeat with the remaining crumb mixture. Set aside.½ c unsalted butter
To Make The Cheesecake Filling
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the sugar and softened cream cheese. Cream together until smooth and no longer lumpy.16 oz cream cheese, ½ c sugar
- Add in the heavy whipping cream and the peppermint flavoring. Mix thoroughly and scrape the sides often until the filling is smooth and creamy. Divide the filling among the crust filled liners - smooth the tops in line with the top of the pan.1 c heavy whipping cream, 2 t peppermint flavoring
- Chill for at least 2-4 hours, until set.
To Make The Peppermint Chocolate Ganache
- Combine the chocolate chips, 2 tablespoons worth of the heavy cream and peppermint flavoring in a medium/small microwavable bowl. Heat in 30 second increments and stir often until the mixture is smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.½ c semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips, ½ c heavy cream, 1 t peppermint flavoring
To Make The Whipped Cream
- Combine the remaining whipped cream and the powdered sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer and mix on med/high for 2-3 minutes or until stiff peaks. Transfer the whipped cream to a piping bag fitted with a large star tip and set aside.2 T. powdered sugar
- Once the cheesecakes have cooled and are set, they are ready to decorate.
- Using a spoon, scoop out about a tablespoon’s worth of peppermint chocolate ganache and spread eveningly over the top of each cheesecake. If you didn’t scoop enough chocolate, you can always get more! Spread to just inside of the edge of the cheesecakes using the back of the spoon and leveling as best as possible.
- Pipe a small dollop of the whipped cream on each chocolate topped cheesecake. Sprinkle with crushed peppermint pieces.Crushed candy canes or peppermint candy pieces