Air fryer baked potatoes are a delicious side with perfectly crisp potato skins and soft fluffy insides. Forget turning on the oven! This method gives you the same taste you love in a fraction of the time.
My boys definitely are meat and potatoes people.
I can never go wrong serving up the classic combo.
And what’s more classic than a baked potato?
They are delicious and versatile.
Only trouble is if you make them in the oven they take forever to cook.
And of course, in the summer, it’s really unpleasant turning on the oven and adding any extra heat to the situation.
But, the air fryer takes care of these problems and creates the best baked potatoes in a fraction of the time without turning on the oven.
To make these you need:
- Potatoes– Large baking potatoes
- Olive oil– Don’t substitute a different oil.
- Sea salt
How to Make
These air fryer baked potatoes couldn’t be easier!
To make them, start by washing the potatoes well and patting them dry.
Then, prick holes on all sides of the potatoes with a fork.
Rub oil generously onto each one.
Season the potatoes with sea salt.
Then spray the basket of the air fryer with nonstick spray and put the potatoes in the prepared basket.
Air fry the potatoes at 400 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.
Once the potatoes are done, let them rest for 2 minutes, then carefully remove them from the air fryer.
Serve and enjoy!
How do I know if the potatoes are cooked through?
To check the potatoes for doneness, I recommend sticking a toothpick in the center.
If it slides in easily, they’re nice and tender, just what you want.
But if not, continue cooking the potatoes in 3 minute increments until they pass the toothpick test.
Should I wrap my potato in foil before air frying?
While you might need to do this to make them in the oven, there’s no need in the air fryer.
Air fryer baked potatoes make fantastic side dishes for steak, chicken, and pork.
You could also serve them as a meal in and of themselves, topping them with:
- pulled chicken or pork
- taco meat
Tips and Tricks
- Don’t skimp on the olive oil. It adds flavor and creates perfect, crisp skins.
- The same goes for the sea salt.
- While pricking the potatoes isn’t one hundred percent necessary, I recommend it because it allows the olive oil and the salt to seep into the interior of the potato.
Other Easy Air Fryer Recipes
Air fryer baked potatoes are my favorite way to make this easy side dish. Make them and enjoy!
Looking for other easy air fryer recipes? Try these:
- Crispy Air Fried Coconut Shrimp
- Air Fryer Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes
- Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
- Crispy Air Fryer Fish Sticks
If you’ve tried these AIR FRYER BAKED POTATOES, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- 2 jumbo baking potatoes
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil divided
- pinch sea salt
- Wash & scrub the potatoes, then pat them dry with paper towels.
- Using a sturdy fork, prick holes on all sides of the potatoes.
- Rub half of the oil onto each potato, really getting a good even coating.
- Season all sides of the oiled potatoes generously with salt.
- Lightly spray your air fryer basket with non stick cooking spray, then place the potatoes in the basket.
- Air fry them at 400° for 30-35 minutes. If the potatoes aren't cooked through, cook in additional 3 minute increments until done.
- Let the cooked potatoes rest for 2 full minutes, then carefully remove from the hot basket.
- Cut them open, fluff the insides lightly with a fork, top with desired toppings, and serve.
- Don't skimp on the olive oil. It adds flavor and creates perfect, crisp skins.
- The same goes for the sea salt.
- While pricking the potatoes isn't one hundred percent necessary, I recommend it because it allows the olive oil and the salt to seep into the interior of the potato.