Breakfast rice is a deliciously sweet way to use up any leftover rice and breathe new life into your morning meal. Substitute your bowl of oatmeal for this yummy treat any day.
I’m all about using up leftovers and making mornings as quick and easy as possible.
This breakfast rice does both of those things.
It uses up leftover rice from last night’s dinner and makes my mornings more delicious and easier.
To make this you’ll need:
- Rice– Steamed white rice. You could use brown rice too, or whatever unseasoned rice you have on hand.
- Butter– Salted or unsalted doesn’t matter. Melt it.
- Maple syrup– If you have it, use the real stuff.
- Spices– Salt and cinnamon
- Pecans– Crushed
- Bacon– Totally optional but if you use it make sure it’s cooked crisply and crumbled.
How to Make
Stir the rice, butter, syrup, maple syrup, salt, and cinnamon together in a mixing bowl.
Spoon the mixture into serving bowls.
Top each bowl with crushed pecans and crumbled bacon.
Serve warm, drizzled with syrup.
Can I serve this with milk?
You could add a little warm milk to this breakfast rice for more of a porridge style meal.
Store leftover breakfast rice for up to 3 days in the fridge.
You may have to add a little liquid and more maple syrup before reheating it.
Tips and Tricks
- You could add other toppings to this like raisins or other fruit.
- The cinnamon is optional. You could substitute pumpkin pie spice or omit it altogether if you don’t like it.
- Don’t have maple syrup? Use brown sugar or honey.
Other Easy Breakfast Recipes
Breakfast rice bowls are a quick and easy way to update your morning meal. Make them and enjoy!
Looking for other easy breakfast recipes? Try these:
- Fried Uncrustables
- Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
- Peanut Butter Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Slow Cooker Sticky Buns
If you’ve tried this BREAKFAST RICE, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Breakfast Rice Bowls
- 4 cups steamed white rice
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch salt
- 1/4-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup crushed pecans
- crisp, crumbled bacon for garnish (optional)
- extra maple syrup for serving (optional)
- To a mixing bowl add the rice, butter, syrup, and salt. Stir just until evenly combined.
- Mix in cinnamon, to taste.
- Spoon the sweetened rice mixture out into serving bowls.
- Top each bowl with some of the crushed pecans & a bit of bacon, if using.
- Serve breakfast rice warm with an extra drizzle of syrup, as desired.
Leave a Reply