This easy chicken tetrazzini recipe is a creamy, family friendly pasta casserole. It features tender pieces of chicken tossed with a rich creamy sauce, pasta, and tons of cheese and needs just 10 short minutes of prep!
I have no shame in my shortcut cooking game.
Quite frankly cream of soups are the mvps in my kitchen almost all the time.
And there’s no exception for this easy chicken tetrazzini recipe!
Two varieties of cream of soups and a heaping serving of sour cream make the base of this easy sauce.
And you’d never know when you dig in that the sauce is full of shortcuts like this!
With its rich creamy flavor, it tastes one hundred percent homemade with only one percent of the effort.
What is chicken tetrazzini?
Chicken tetrazzini is a pasta casserole made with diced up chicken in a creamy, mushroom sauce.
It was created by chef Ernest Arbogast to honor an Italian opera star, Luisa Tetrazzini, who sang at his San Francisco hotel in the 1900s.
Since its debut, it has been immensely popular and you will find variations made with turkey or seafood in place of chicken.
To make this you’ll need:
- Cream of soups– 1 can of cream of chicken with herbs soup and another can of cream of mushroom with roasted garlic soup
- Sour cream– I recommend using full fat for best flavor
- Butter– Melted salted butter
- Chicken broth– If you are using turkey or seafood you could use turkey or seafood broth instead.
- Chicken– Cooked, cubed boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- Pasta– Spaghetti cooked according to the package directions, drained and cooled.
- Cheese– Shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese
- Garnish– Chopped parsley
How to Make
This is the easiest chicken tetrazzini recipe you’ll ever make!
To do it, stir the soups, sour cream, melted butter, and broth together in a large mixing bowl until evenly combined.
Then, stir in the cooked, cubed chicken until evenly combined followed by the cooked pasta.
Spread the pasta mixture out in a 9×13″ baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
Then, sprinkle the cheeses evenly out overtop of the dish.
Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes or until the casserole is bubbly and the cheese has melted.
Serve warm, garnished with fresh parsley if desired.
Can I make chicken tetrazzini in the slow cooker?
Instead of mixing everything together in a separate bowl, mix it all together in the bowl of your slow cooker.
Cover it and cook on low for 2 hours or until the mixture is bubbly.
Serve and enjoy!
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Reheat them in the microwave or a hot oven until warmed through.
Tips and Tricks
- Don’t want to cook chicken? Make this easy dinner even easier by using leftover rotisserie chicken. You’ll need roughly 2-3 cups of chopped chicken depending on how meaty you want the casserole to be.
- You could also use leftover chicken or turkey in this instead of cooking chicken just for this!
- Halve the recipe to feed a smaller crowd.
Other Easy Casseroles
Easy chicken tetrazzini is a crowd pleasing meal that comes together in just a few minutes of prep.
Make it and enjoy!
Looking for other easy casseroles?
- Ground Beef And Rice Casserole
- Fish Stick Casserole
- Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
- Shrimp Scampi Casserole
- Chicken Divan Casserole
If you’ve tried this EASY CHICKEN TETRAZZINI RECIPE, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Easy Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe
- 1 10.5 oz can cream of chicken with herbs soup
- 1 10.5 oz can cream of mushroom with roasted garlic soup
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup salted butter melted
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts cooked and cubed
- 1 lb spaghetti pasta cooked, drained, and run under cold water to cool
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- To a large mixing bowl add the soups, sour cream, butter, and broth. Stir everything together until evenly combined.1 10.5 oz can cream of chicken with herbs soup, 1 10.5 oz can cream of mushroom with roasted garlic soup, 2 cups sour cream, 1/2 cup salted butter, 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Add the cooked, cubed chicken to the bowl, stirring until evenly combined.1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Add the pasta to the bowl, stirring well until it's evenly combined with the sauce mixture. Set aside.1 lb spaghetti pasta
- Spray a 9x13" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Add the pasta mixture to the dish, then spread it out in an even layer.
- Sprinkle the cheeses evenly out overtop of the dish.1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes, or until hot & bubbly and the cheese has melted.
- Serve warm, garnished with fresh parsley- if desired.chopped parsley